The Center Manager I who under the general direction of the Director(s), has responsibility and accountability for directing all activities within the center. Directs activities related to all aspects of a walk-in medical center according to the philosophy, policies, procedures, and objectives of the hospital and units of responsibility. Responsible for personnel, environmental control, assistance to physicians, equipment, and material control, supervising all activities within the center, and preparing and implementing an approved budget. Coordinates operating activities with other departments as necessary may delegate responsibilities and duties to both professional and non-professional personnel. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. This position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Has a center volume of less than 12000 annual visits.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Responsible for recruiting, staffing, orienting, training, disciplining, and evaluating personnel in accordance to personnel policy and employee relations laws. Reviews employee time and attendance and monitors employee staffing, turnover, overtime, and absenteeism.
· Responsible for fiscal management of the center operation including development and implementation of annual budget, cost management and revenue generation, accounts payable, and daily financial practices.
· Rounds with team members and patients to ensure the patient experience standards are upheld.
· Maintains the safe and efficient operation of the center by monitoring work orders and equipment safety, overseeing vendors, and making appropriate recommendations for improving center.
· Manages the center operating activities so that services are provided in a manner that meets all applicable regulatory licensure and accrediting regulations. Maintains Quality Assurance Program to monitor and control department services
· Investigates and responds appropriately to all complaints and takes effective corrective action and involves the appropriate parties as necessary.
· Communicates with key Corporate clients on a routine basis to monitor customer satisfaction. Attends appropriate networking events. Identifies business opportunities and initiates appropriate follow-up from Account Managers.
· Responsible for various aspects of Accounts Receivable Management including updating staff on changes, monitoring claims, responding to correspondence requests and ensuring timely submission of reports.
· Submits required reports. Identifies needs and opportunities and makes recommendations for change. Implements problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
· Performs front desk duties, drug screens and if licensed – clinical support duties to ensure smooth operation of center and to reduce overtime expenses.
· Maintains proficiency in registration, materials management and human resource panels in Florida Hospital computer system.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.