Responsible for accounting functions pertaining to month end closing; general plant records; maintaining various subsidiary ledgers; reconciling and filing all payroll related tax returns and property tax return; preparing and filing W2’s and 1099’s; analyzing budget feedback; adding vendors to A/P system; maintaining Flint’s W9 and requesting W9 from new vendors; reconciling bank statements; daily cash balancing; functioning as back-up to other A/R; and sales tax reporting. Performs quarterly internal control testing with inventory observations, surprise cash counts, and other testing as needed.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR CPA candidate
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in general accounting OR 2 years’ experience in electric cooperative accounting
· Computer experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with strong Excel spreadsheet skills
· RUS experience with electric cooperative accounting or willingness to enroll in RUS accounting course immediately upon employment
KNOWLEDGE / INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
· Knowledge of GAAP and skills in analyzing data to provide accurate reports
· Knowledge of filing and recordkeeping
· Skills to search for and compile financial and statistical data
· Skills in public relations, oral and written communications, giving or exchanging information and resolving problems
· Good interpersonal communication skills with positive attitude and willingness to be a team player in support of exceptional internal and external customer service, which should be evidenced from prior work experience
· Skills to use various types of office equipment; such as, personal computer, calculator, copier, fax etc.
· Legible handwriting
· 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch
· Must have and maintain a valid Georgia driver's license
· Must be willing to attend meetings out-of-town, work overtime during peak periods and expect to work under pressure at times to meet deadlines
APPLYING FOR JOB
· Qualified applicants may print an application from our website, www.flintenergies.com, or pick up an application from our office at 3 South Macon Street, Reynolds, GA. or 98 Carl Vinson Parkway, Warner Robins, GA.
· The deadline for applying is 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 29, 2019.
Must be able to concentrate on several things at one time. Be alert to give and exchange information.
ABILITY TO DEAL WITH STRESS
Must be able to work under pressure in case of emergencies, handle tense situations, resolve complaints and control anger and attitude.
Far Visual Acuity - As necessary to drive.
Near Visual Acuity - Must be able to see computer screen, keyboard and read all types of print, including small figures.
Peripheral Vision - As necessary to drive.
Color Vision - For recognizing appropriate forms.
Depth Perception - As necessary for driving and operating equipment.
Night Vision – As necessary for driving.
(Normal Tones) Hears and comprehends spoken conversation over telephone and in person.
Speaks loudly and clearly enough to be accurately understood. Voice must be pleasant, tactful and professional.
SITTING / STANDING
Sits a maximum of 2 hours at a time, up to a total of 8 hours per day. Can stand up as needed (stands less than one hour per day).
WORKER MOBILITY / WALKING
Can change positions at will. Minimal amount of walking up to 500’.
LIFTING / CARRYING
Frequently lifts files and printouts. Seldom anything over 25 pounds.
PUSHING / PULLING
Required to open/close desk drawers and file cabinets.
Bends from neck for talking on telephone. Bends from waist to retrieve documents in files and desk drawers.
REACHING / HANDLING
Wrist, hand, and arm frequently used for operating computer terminal, calculator, writing, and performing miscellaneous general office work.
TWISTING / CLIMBING / CRAWLING
Twisting is intermittent. No climbing or crawling required.
Job is located indoors in a heated/air conditioned building. No noise, light, fumes, or dust hazards present. May occasionally visit outdoor business facilities.
MACHINES / TOOLS/ EQUIPMENT
Computer terminal and PC, printer, calculator, copier, paper, pens, pencils and stapler.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT / SAFETY LOSS CONTROL PROCEDURES
No safety equipment required. Follows prescribed safety rules for office employees. Obtains and maintains CPR and Defensive Driving Certifications.
DRUG TEST / PHYSICAL EXAM
Drug test required for pre-employment and random thereafter. Employment entrance physical exam required.
Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities provided it does not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
FLINT EMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
DRUG FREE / SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE
Additional Salary Information: Education, experience, etc. will be taken into consideration for starting pay.
About Flint Electric Membership Corporation
Incorporated in 1937, Flint Energies is a not-for-profit member-owned electric cooperative that provides energy services to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural members in parts of 17 central Georgia counties. Flint has 230 employees and serves more than 250,000 Georgians through 87,000 meters. Flint’s physical plant consists of more than 6,250 miles of distribution line and 50 substations located within Bibb, Chattahoochee, Crawford, Dooly, Harris, Houston, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Muscogee, Peach, Schley, Sumter, Taylor, Talbot, Twiggs and Upson Counties. The system also includes the Museum of Aviation at Robins Air Force Base and the Fort Benning military post. Flint is the eighth largest of Georgia’s 42 EMCs and the 37th largest of the nation’s nearly 1,000 rural electric cooperatives.
Flint Energies is also a Touchstone Energy Cooperative, part of a nationwide family of electric cooperatives exhibiting the core values of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community. Flint’s members give their cooperative an American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) score of 82, which rates higher than most investor-owned utilities in the country.