Under general supervision the Radiologic Technologist fulfills the responsibilities necessary in the use of ionizing radiation to produce quality radiographic images. These responsibilities involve participation in a variety of diagnostic technical procedures which deliver quality care to patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. In addition to the expectations listed below, the X-Ray Technologist supports other center/company needs as directed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
· Utilizing proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors, performs all required imaging projections for given procedure. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Reviews all images on Computed Radiography NX station for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation. Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
· Completes assigned exams in a timely manner. Keeps front desk informed of availability and status of all pending exams. Personally follows through with communicating clinical information. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at NX before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS. Notifies EAC and transmits required media for Teleradiology cases. [Data Processing]
· Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Properly wears Dosimetry badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
· Performs a full range of imaging procedures and operates all imaging equipment in assigned department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training in an approved school, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Demonstrates a willingness to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [Clinical Competence]
· Assists with data collection for KPIs while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in department Gallup and patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
· Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. [Department Meeting Attendance]
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Internal Number: 278042
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.