Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
* Maintains a therapeutic and business management philosophy including program development, labor analysis, standards of practice, staffing needs, process improvement and revenue management.
* Provides direct and indirect patient care to an assigned group of patients in rehabilitation settings on as needed basis.
* Facilitates staff development by re-evaluating performance and coaching and counseling staff. Follows employee progressive discipline procedures.
* Manages patient care assignment, scheduling and daily operations as it relates to clinical, team, market, service and finance.
* Ensures that the staff adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, policies and procedures and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
* Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
* Acts as a liaison between Florida Hospital Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine and other hospital staff, physicians, patients and/or patient families in order to investigate, respond and resolve complaints. Disseminates pertinent information to appropriate staff members as observed by the Director/Associate Director/Senior Manager.
* Actively participates in the development of staff clinical skills, and customers' and stakeholders' satisfaction. Monitors and develops plans related to customers' and stakeholders' satisfaction.
* Systematically monitors process improvement initiatives, documents results and deploys information to staff for appropriate actions. Supports and facilitates clinical lead role, Clinical Excellence Program and residencies.
* Hires and orients new staff to assigned area to familiarize them with area processes, equipment, safety and operational plans as demonstrated by staff correctly carrying out patient care according to policies, procedures and protocols.
* Monitors staff and equipment needs, revenue, expenses and labor tracking. Establishes plan for variances and monitors results as observed by the Director/Associate Director/Senior Manager.
* Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for assigned patient age population. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Interprets data relative to patient age. Modifies approach and communication skills appropriate to the patient served, which may include: Neonate/Infant (birth < 1), Pediatric (1 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65 + yrs).
* Participates in marketing of the Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine program in hospital, community and to medical personnel as indicated. Actively engages in activities to improve internal and external awareness of Rehabilitation as a service line.
* Plans and implements employee engagement activities. Systematically provides staff with feedback regarding their performance. Counsels staff as needed, documents counseling sessions, monitors compliance and works with HR regarding disposition as needed.
* Completes staff performance appraisals accurately, legibly and within established timeframe. Ensures employee's department file complies with HR and accrediting bodies' rules and regulations.
* Maintains area-specific productivity standards and overall performance as observed via documentation (i.e., scorecards).
* When available, and as required, assists with patient care, within scope of practice, following PT, OT and SLP staff job description "Duties and Responsibilities" sections.
* Ensures staff and self compliance with FH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, and patient safety rounds results. Takes responsibility for the environment of care by monitoring and taking action as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Commitment to patient-oriented practice
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
* Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum of three years assessing and interpreting patient clinical and functional data in a hospital, outpatient, home health or skilled nursing facility (SNF) setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Managerial/administrative experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Current valid State of Florida license as an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT) or Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) as applicable and specific to unit(s) and scope of practice.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Internal Number: 281222
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.