All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Lake Wales
- AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
- As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
The role you’ll contribute:
The MRI technologist is under the general supervision of the lead technologist, supervisor, manager, director of special imaging, and radiologist. Their primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of FH parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on magnets within ACR guidelines. Duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
· Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result. (Image Quality and Documentation)
· Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS. (Data Processing)
· Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on teams as asked. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed. (Performance Improvement)
· Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Listens and is responsible for knowing content. (Department Meeting Attendance)
· Completes other duties as assigned and proactively anticipates the needs of other team members