1. As a means of supporting student persistence, create a community living environment that fosters academic success, respect, support, and positive human interaction.
2. Know residents individually and intentionally maximize those relationships to support student success in the living-learning environment.
3. To ensure student success and persistence, assist students who are experiencing personal difficulties through consultation and/or referral to other resources. Follow-up/Case manage referrals from the Behavioral Intervention Team.
4. Supervise Resident Assistants. Participate in their selection, provide appropriate training, schedule and assign their work, monitor and evaluate their performance, and make corrective and/or disciplinary interventions as necessary.
5. Facilitate check-in and check-out procedures at the beginning and end of each semester. Maintain accurate records of keys and occupancy. Maintain control over issuing, replacement, and collection of room keys. Perform inspections and document condition of rooms, including determination of damage charges to be assessed.
6. Attend Residence Life staff meetings and facilitate meetings involving Resident Assistants. Serve on committees and participate in meetings in a variety of settings. Represent the College and the department by participating in meetings of municipal, civic and professional organizations.
7. Oversee the development and implementation of a variety of social and educational programs for resident students. Monitor and assist Resident Assistants in planning and conducting programs, including those that involve other campus organizations and personnel, as well as outside presenters and entertainers. When appropriate, participate in and/or conduct programs. Manage and account for funds allocated for residential programming.
8. For the purpose having Residence Life staff available to assist students and families at all times, participate in a 24-hour duty rotation schedule with other hall directors to include weekdays, weekends, and holidays throughout the calendar year.
9. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
10. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan.
11. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement
12. Respond to unexpected situations such as disputes between students, violations of College policies by students, medical and other emergencies. In cases of illness or injury, ensure that established procedures are followed and that students, or others, receive appropriate care.
13. Intervene in and document, when appropriate, student behavior which is inconsistent with College policy or disruptive to the campus community. Determine and implement corrective action, which may include mediation, counseling, and/or referral to the College's student conduct process.
14. Serve as Administrative Hearing Officer as part of the College Student Conduct process.
15. Serve as a facility manager. Perform regular tours of residential facilities to account for furnishings, keys, equipment, safety hazards, maintenance and cleaning needs. Ensure that buildings and their contents are properly maintained, primarily by reporting deficiencies to maintenance and custodial personnel.
16. Assist with the operation of the Office of Residence Life by performing various administrative tasks. This may include the coordination of special departmental projects. Hold office hours at the Office of Residence Life.
17. Participate in the New Student Orientation. Participate in and facilitate programs designed to assist new students in their transition to college life and to life living on campus.
18. Advise the Residence Hall Council (where appropriate) and provide direction for programming which furthers the mission of the department.
19. Perform related duties, projects, and tasks as assigned that contribute to the effective operation of the Office of Residence Life, and the College in general.
20. Complete duties associated with assigned collateral work during the academic year and/or the summer months.
OTHERKEYRESPONSIBILITIES 1. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan. 2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement. 3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of (1) one year of experience working with college students in a residential setting. Preferred experience would include management of a facility, supervising others, developing programs, and collaborating with professionals or paraprofessionals on a variety of developmental programs. Fluency of the Spanish language is preferred.
The Area Hall Director ensures that students living in on-campus housing are able to enjoy and benefit from the residential experience, with a focus on creating supportive and inclusive communities in which all of our students have the means and environment for success. This is done through overseeing developmental programming, and providing assistance to individuals experiencing personal and/or academic difficulties, collaboratively maintaining the physical and operational integrity of facilities, and supervising the Resident Assistant staff.
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Organization Type: Higher Education Institution